Ruby (Red coral) ( Manik in Hindi ) is also called Ratnaraj, means king of gemstones, which is very effective to support you when you are in trouble. The Ruby gemstone is one of the most important astrological gemstones of the planet Sun.
Ruby Stone in Hindi is Maanik (माणिक)
Crystal Ruby Stone in Tamil is Rūpi (ரூபி)
Ruby Stone in Malayalam Māṇikyaṁ (മാണിക്യം)
Ruby Stone in Telugu is Rūbī (రూబీ)
Gemstone Ruby: July Birthstone
If you belong to the zodiac – Leo (July 23 – August 22), then it is your birth gemstone. and the gem for the 15th and 40th anniversaries. Ruby is primarily worn for Power, Status & Motivation. It makes the person more energetic & enthusiastic..
Astrological Benefits of Ruby Gemstone
People having weak placement of Sun in their horoscope need to use ruby gemstone. When wearing ruby crystal will gain more financial and professional stability. It is good for the people who working as managers as it enhances leadership qualities.
The sun holds a primary status among the Navgraha (nine planets). The sun is the main source of energy and known as the soul of the solar system. Ruby Stone is known by various names in different languages Manik Stone Hindi, Shona-Ratna in Bengali, Ravi-Ratna in Sanskrit.
There are some negative effects of wearing ruby gemstone without proper information, before wearing a ruby gemstone please consult with a good astrologer because it can have both positive and negative effect depending upon the position of the sun in the birth chart.
Ruby Stone Benefits
- Ruby Gemstone helps the wearer to improve the problems in skin.
- Help improving self-confidence and motivational issues
- Wearing a Ruby Gemstone can restore vitality and help in issues related to eyesight and blood circulation.
- It is also beneficial for a person who wear Ruby if he wants strength to fight against diseases.
- It will help to cure peptic ulcer, fever, rheumatism, gout, boils, itch and insomnia.
- Gives them courage, good consciousness, and power to earn.
- Ruby helps to make your bones stronger.
- Ruby also increases the income and brings in prosperity.
Also Check: Birthstones by Month
- Hardness of Ruby on Moh’s Scale: 9
- Optic Character of Ruby: Anisotropic
- Refractive Index (RI) of Ruby: 1.76 – 1.78
- Specific Gravity (SG) of Ruby: 3.99 – 4.01
- Fluorescence: Strong Red under long wave UV
- Pleochroism : Strong Dichroism
- Astrological Planet: Sun
- Affected Chakra: Base Chakra
- Cosmic Color: Red
- Birthstone: Leo
How to Wear Ruby gemstone?
must be worn in the ring finger of the right hand and must be set in a Gold or a Copper ring.
Who should wear Ruby Gemstone?
Association with Sun makes ruby as the Rajratna or ‘King of Gems’. Depending on the placement of Sun in a person’s horoscope, wearing ruby gemstone can favorably improve career, health, temperament and social status of natives and related ascendants.
- Indian or vedic astrology assigns ruby gem or Manikya gemstone for Leo rashi.
- Western astrology recommends ruby birthstone for Leo sunsign.
- Ascendants of Aries, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Pisces can also wear ruby.