About Opal Stone
Opal stone is white colored semi-precious gemstone from silicate mineral family. It is the birthstone for the month of October. Opal gemstone given to celebrate the 14th year of marriage. The name opal is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘upala’, meaning “precious stone,” and later the Greek derivative “Opallios,” meaning “to see a change of color”. The astrological substitute of opal gemstone is diamond. Benefits of opal stone are success in creative pursuits, luxurious lifestyle, high social status, matrimonial harmony and good health.
Opal stone in Hindi is Doodhiya patthar (दूधिया पत्थर)
Opal stone in Tamil is Oruvakai māṇikkakal (ஒருவகை மாணிக்ககல்)
Crystal opal stone in Malayalam is opal
Opal stone in Telugu is Opāl (ఒపాల్)
Opal is an opaque stone, with a tinges of Colours in it that give it its famous firing. Some other benefits of opal stone is bestow beauty, power and financial prosperity. This improves intuition and helps magnetize others. It also helps in winning court cases and gives stability in life.
Who Should Wear Opal Stone?
It is worn to counteract the effects of weak Venus in the native’s birth-chart and bring financial prosperity, physical well-being and good social status for the wearer. Especially good for those engaged in business connected with travel, tourism and import/export. It is an excellent gem for those born in the month of October gemstone as it turns loving and affectionate in personal and family life.
- Indian Opal gemstone astrology suggests Opal ratna for Tula (Libra sun-sign) and Vrishabha (Taurus sun-sign) rashi.
- Western astrology recommends opal birthstone for Libra sign.
- Opal gem can also be worn by the ascendants of Capricorn, Aquarius, Gemini & Virgo.
Opal Stone Colors:
- Black/Dark Opal, Light/White Opal, Boulder Opal, Matrix Opal, Composite Natural Opal (DOUBLETS/TRIPLETS), TRIPLET OPAL, DOUBLET OPAL.
- Australia is the source of the majority of world opal supply. Other parts of the world such as Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, and the USA.
See Also: Birthstones by Month
Opal Stone Benefits
Opal gem is recognised for its astrological properties and beautiful charm. In recent years, many of the popular jewellery brands and fashion houses have been promoting Opal jewellery gemstone.
- For Happy Matrimonial Life milky Opal ratan is worn to stimulate love, harmony and mutual understanding between the couple and get rid of the marital issues.
- Improved Financial & Social Status astrologers place deep faith in the opal ratan for not just elevating the financial conditions but also in maintaining the native’s social status and luxurious lifestyle.
- Astrologers strongly believe that wearing opal stone benefits in giving an extra push to the artistic expressions and aligns creative impressions to gain better outputs.
- In medical astrology, opal gemstone is highly valued for its metaphysical properties that are considered helpful in curing liver, kidneys and hormonal disorders. Being a healing gemstone, black opal and fire opal also benefits the wearer to get rid of various psychological problems and sleeping disorders.
How To Wear, Best Day To Wear Opal Stone (Opal Gemstone)
The Opal Gemstones can be worn by any day if you are more conscious consult an astrologer and check horoscope. Opal jewellery is usually worn as pendants, bracelets, rings and stones. Also, the opal gemstone might carry a lot of negativity with it after being handled by numerous cutters, chiselers etc. before being studded into a ring or necklace. A good way to remove negative energies from the stone is to soak the ring/pendant in milk overnight.
How To Care and Clean Opal Stone
It can be cleaned with warm water with mild detergent soap and a soft brush. After washing use a cotton cloth to clean the water.