Thousands of years ago, Diamond stone were found in the south of India. For hundreds of years India was a leader in producing diamonds. Later it was also discovered in Brazil, South Africa, Venezuela, Russia, and Australia. Now the world leader of diamond production is in South Africa.
Diamond gemstone in Hindi is Heera (हीरा)
Diamond gemstone in Tamil is Vairam (வைரம்)
Crystal Diamond gemstone in Malayalam is vajraṁ (വജ്രം)
Diamond in gemstone Telugu is Vajraṁ (వజ్రం)
Diamonds are the hardest material on earth: 58 times harder than anything else in nature. Formed under high temperature and pressure conditions that exist only about 100 miles beneath the earth’s surface. A diamond crystal is so hard that you can only scratch it with another diamond. On Birthstone lists, diamond is recognized as the birthstone for April also the gem that marks the 60th and 75th wedding anniversaries.
Properties of Diamond
- Mineral: Diamond
- Chemistry: C
- Color: Colorless
- Refractive Index: 2.42
- Birefringence: None
- Specific Gravity: 3.52 (+/-0.01)
- Mohs Hardness: 10
Diamond crystals are colorless to slightly yellow, brown, or gray. The most highly regarded and valuable diamonds are those that are completely colorless. However, another category of diamond gemstone is increasing in popularity. These are colored diamonds, which occur in a variety of hues including red, pink, yellow, orange, purple, blue,green and brown (also called as chocolate diamonds).
Diamonds have been found all over the world on all continents. In 600 AD, diamonds were found in Borneo, an island located north of Australia. In the 1700’s, Brazil was a rich source of diamond crystals, and in the 1800’s, South Africa was known for their large supply of diamonds.
What is the April birthstone?
The April birthstone is the diamond.
It is believed that the origination of assigning a birthstone for each month dates back to a breastplate that Aaron, the older brother of Moses, wore, which represented the Twelve Tribes of Israel. In biblical times, people wore the gemstone assigned to month that the stone represented as a talisman.
Also Check: Birthstones by Month
Types of Diamond
The major types of diamond depends on the 4c’s of diamond.
Round Brilliant Cut
This round brilliant cut diamond is the most popular types of diamond. For hundreds of years, diamond cutters have been working with this cut to maximize its brilliance and fire.
Princess cut diamonds are exceptionally brilliant because of the way they are cut and are available in both square and rectangular shapes. The color that is emitted from princess cut diamonds is very unique. Most liked diamond type nowadays.
Its an unique type of diamonds that creates the effect of longer, more slender hands and fingers. The outline of a diamond is determined by its length to width ratio, which also provides an image of the shape and look of the diamond.
This type of diamond is also called as pillow-cut diamond, the cushion cut is a timeless cut that has earned its name for its pillow shape. Cushion cut diamonds tend to have impeccable brilliance and clarity in their appearance to their rounded corners and larger facets. These diamonds are available in square and rectangular shapes.
Unique optical appearance because of the rectangular step-cut into the diamond’s pavilion. This cut showcases the diamond’s original clarity beautifully also make inclusions and color more apparent.
Radiant cut diamonds features uniquely trimmed corners which combines the lines of an emerald cut with the brilliance of a round diamond types. The sparkle of this diamond cut looks beautiful when combined with a variety of other diamond cuts.
Pear shaped diamonds
Pear shaped diamonds cut produce maximum brilliance, so it’s important to look for excellent symmetry.
A classic appearance with a modern twist! It is a popular types of diamond found in jewellery, especially in engagement rings, making it easy to match with other jewellery.
Asscher Cut diamonds is square rather than rectangular. Created in the early 1920s, the asscher cut has recently increased in popularity, especially among celebrities.
World famous diamonds types
- Great Mogul Diamond
- Regent Diamond
- Nizam Diamond
- Hope Diamond
- Golconda Diamond
- The Kolluru Diamond
- Dresden Green Diamond
- Nassak Diamond
- Orlov Diamond
- Princie Diamond
- Tavernier Blue Diamond
- Wittelsbach Graff Diamond
Astrological Benefits of Diamond
Diamonds are used for getting the benefits from planet Venus and removing the impacts of venus, this can be wear by consulting good astrologer. Diamonds are quite beneficial to people born under all twelve zodiac signs, these are most suitable and supportive to Taurus, Libra, Capricorn, and Aquarius ascendants.
Diamond can bring good luck also protects against sorrow, witchcraft, revelry, and of course, the evil spirits. In ancient times, a small piece of this precious stone sewed up in clothing, stone was considered a talisman against the evil eye and evil sorcery.
Who should wear diamond?
- According to Vedic Astrology, Diamond represents the planet Venus so people with Taurus and Libra ascendant should wear diamond.
- Also its for the people born on April called as April Birthstone.
- Diamond brings success in love and married life. A diamond ring will bring more cooperation from your spouse.
- Diamond helps in reaping the powers of Venus for the benefit of the native. Those that have powerful Venus will can double their prospects by wearing this gem. A weaker Venus in the horoscope will be strengthened by wearing a diamond ring.
- The health issues in urinary organs, weak uterus, diabetes, debility of the reproductive organs, lack of sexual potency and interest, skin problems and other cosmetic issues can be remedied by wearing a diamond.
Learn more about Diamond Cut
What is the history of the diamond?
The documentation of the use of the diamond dates back to 400B.C. There is documentation of diamond cutting that dates back to Venice in the 1300’s. During the 15th century, the Eastern trade routes were open and the sale of diamonds flourished exponentially.
In which finger Diamond ring should be worn?
According to astrology diamond ring jewellery gemstone Men should be worn in middle finger of right hand. The women can wear it in the middle finger of the left hand.
Benefits of Diamond
- As per beliefs, wearing a diamond can help one to overcome the feeling of inferiority and increase self confidence.
- Promotes good luck, happiness, prosperity and peace in life in the long run.
- Suitable for arts and creativity such as a writer, painter and an artist.
- Wearing a diamond ring or pendant can also be helpful in bringing good health and remove all the negativity and evil present in life.
- Capable of bringing luxury, love, beauty and all highest stand of materialistic things in a person’s life.
- Wearing a diamond in such condition will bring peace and calm in mind.
How to wear a diamond ring:
- Before wearing a diamond, please make sure that it is colourless, and not having any cracks and spots in it.
- A diamond ring can be made in silver, platinum or gold as per choice and budget. Energize the diamond ring before you wear it.
- Men should wear diamonds in the right hand in the middle finger, while the women can wear it in the middle finger of the left hand.
What is the largest diamond found?
The largest diamond stone ever found was from Africa. It was 3106.75 carats ( 1.37 lbs or 621.35 g) and is called the Cullinan diamond.
How to care for diamond jewellery?
You should avoid touching the diamond because the natural oils on your skin will dullen the shine of the diamond. A diamond can get scratched, but it can easily be polished at a jeweler.
When storing your diamond, keep it away from other jewellery because diamonds are very hard and can scratch your other jewellery.
You should avoid wearing your diamond jewellery when working with household chemicals. Although a diamond is hard, it can chip so it is best not to wear it if it may come in contact with other objects.
How to determine the value of a diamond?
A diamond’s value is usually broken down to the 4 C’s – cut, clarity, color, and carat, which a jewellery or appraiser can assess. There are many different scales for the 4 C’s, but only a trained jewellery can give you the value of your diamond.